For years, Australian business owners have slowly replaced time-consuming and inefficient paper-based workflows by investing in digital methods to manage, archive or distribute paperwork.
When this trend began a number of years ago, it didn’t have an immediate impact on the print market due to the high ongoing cost of on-premises digitisation, document storage and future proofing hardware. However, with the growing adoption of technology and the expansion of cloud-based services and document storage, the cost of digital document management is becoming more feasible. As a result, we are beginning to see a steady decline in print volumes.
According to Gartner Statistics, the Australian cloud market will grow by 15% from 2016 to $6.5 billion in 2017. Whereas the Australian print volumes steadily decreased in recent years, by 5.4% to 44.0 billion pages in 2015 and to a further 4.8% to 41.9 billion in 2016.
The volumes are expected to fall another 5.4% to 39.6 billion in 2017, and another 4.3% to 37.9 billion in 2018.
This data indicates that the purchase consideration of business owners and IT managers will gradually shift from:
“We need a large copier which can handle X amount of printing to fulfil the documents my business needs to print on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.”
“We have reduced or are planning to reduce our print volumes by adopting digital document management workflows, therefore I no longer need a copier built for large print volumes. But I still need the core functionalities of a Multi-Function device to scan incoming paper documents to our document management system.”
Here are some of the reasons why Brother is up to the challenge of this shifting marketplace:
- Brother products can integrate with popular free cloud storage services such as Onedrive business, Dropbox and Google Drive out of the box at no additional cost.
- With Brother Solutions Interface, Multi-Function Centres can integrate with existing digital workflows and document management software. Available and compatible throughout Brothers Professional Office Range.
- Small footprint products which can increase employee productivity by being strategically deployed around an office to printing and document management procedures of each department.
- Easy to use products, as technology advances Brother products have kept it simple for employees with pre-programmable one-touch shortcuts for quicker access to begin document workflows.
- Brother has partnered with solutions providers to offer document management solutions. Our products can also work with industry-specific software or be customised to work with specific software.
- Brothers range of High Yield Laser Products, A3 Inkjet Products & Desktop scanners allow us to fulfil all the applications of a Photo Copier while delivering the value where it is required most.
Brother can help – just ask us how.